TSC adds new high-resolution wristband, desktop printers to growing product line
TSC has added two new high-resolution printers, the TDP-324W wristband printer and the TDP-324 desktop printer, to its growing line of direct-thermal desktop products. Two new printers will be available worldwide starting in June, 2014.
The two-inch-format TDP-324W is engineered to print high-definition wristbands used for patient identification, entertainment ticketing and various government applications, including restricted-area access and visitor identification.
Standard features include a 300-dpi printhead, a large 6.5-inch-diameter media cabinet, and an easy-to-read LCD that displays printer status. The TDP-324W can be operated either as a standalone desktop or wall-mounted printer and supports USB 2.0 and Ethernet communications. It also features a USB-host port for connecting keyboards or scanners.
TSC consulted with many of the industry’s largest wristband manufacturers during the early development of the TDP-324W. Many of their recommendations were incorporated into its design. As a result, the printer offers customers maximum flexibility in the choice of wristband types, while supporting a wide variety of wristband-printing applications.
The TDP-324W can be optionally configured to print wristbands even if a computer network fails. In the event of an outage, operators can quickly configure a PC keyboard to enter wristband ID information, eliminating costly downtime.
- Accommodates 6.5-inch OD wristbands
- Front LCD display
- High-quality double-wall clamshell design
- Easy media loading
- Standard Ethernet and USB 2.0 connectivity
- Optional downtime keyboard interface
- Across-the-board compatibility with most popular programming languages
- Real-time clock (an expensive option on other small-footprint units)
- USB host option
- Adjustable sensor
- "Out of the box" language emulation
- Head-up sensor and top-of-form sensing
- Flash card reader for easy font storage
- Patient ID tracking
- Hospital admissions
- Hospital nursery
• Entertainment and hospitality
- Amusement parks
- Water parks
- Event admissions
- Night club age verification
• Government and emergency
- Law enforcement
- Crowd control
- Animal ID
- Restricted-area access
*The TDP-324W has earned a Cerner Medical Device Certification approving it for use in hospital environments.